Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fan film review: Crystal Lake Resurrection (Re-imagining)


Part 2

Oh my god, this movie was freaking hysterical! I have not laughed so much during a fan film- ever! Okay, so let me just get down to the nitty-gritty. The movie is about a kid who walks to the docks of (what seems to be) Crystal Lake stumbles upon a crappy Rubies hockey mask. What does he do next? Well like any kid would do, he slices his own wrist, lets the blood drip on the mask and starts chanting this hilarious "oh Jason watery grave- come back!" mumbo-jumbo and what do you know- Jason was just chilling at the bottom of the lake. Jason pops out of the water and after raising his arms half-mast and breathes hard he literally feels his way past the dock.




I guess the actor could not see in the mask? Once Jason awkwardly feels his way past the dock he sees this crappy Rubies hockey mask that fits the crappy Rubies undermask that he is wearing (and forgot to tuck in!). After about 15 seconds of placing the mask wrong on his head and shifting the undermask mask sideways he gives up and carries on with his business, breathes harder with arms at half-mast and chases the unsuspecting kid. Why is Jason wearing a diamond ring? Why is it every time Jason is near a camera he flexes and breathes super deep? Where is Jason's weapon?

I really shouldn't beat up the "director" Brendan Myers though, he is young and I guess it's a valiant effort. Sadly, I have seen much worse fan films out there. I'm not sure if the dude behind the camera was having a hard time with the tripod, but gosh, it's not that hard to keep your tripod steady! I just found this one to be so freaking funny, and I guess I shouldn't laugh. The movie is apparently a remake of his original movie, and by-golly I want to see the original now! If anyone decides to watch this, Part 1 of the film 2:09 - 3:22 is probably the funniest shit I have ever seen in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment