Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crappy reviews Thursday: Death Factory (2002)



A woman working at a biological research facility becomes ill when she contracts a deadly, new virus. Sometime after, she becomes a half-monster beast and kills her old co-workers. Some time later, a group of teens go into the old research facility to have a party and come face-to-face with creature. Okay, so this doesn't sound like Hitchcock and ended up being a typical Brad Sykes movie, so why was I so let down? I was speechless, after watching this movie and wanting to gouge my eyes out I only spotted 2 things I liked, and they were the blood (there was a lot of it) and Tiffany Shepis. Although not her best role, she looked wicked.


If you have seen other Brad Sykes movies I guess the shittiness of this would not come as a big surprise. You get his prerequisite bad directing, horrible camera work, tons of blood and a crappy script. The genius of Sykes is that he can take all of that and add something worthwhile to his movies which makes it hard to turn it off. This was no different- and I watched the entire movie even though I wanted to take out the disc and chuck it.

I don't know if anything could have saved this movie. It seems they used their entire budget on the killer and the gore, which were both great. It would have been nicer if Tiffany Shepis could have had a speaking role, and not just a mindless killer. The actors that were chosen were horrible, absolutely horrible. The kills were really bloody and violent, and that made the death scenes worth watching, of only to see the shitty actors die brutally. If you like blood, boobs and bimbos this movie is right up your alley.

No comments:

Post a Comment