Friday, March 29, 2013

Production Photos of Jeannine Taylor's Death

This one is pretty creepy
Here is a small collection of some photos that I have of Marcie's (Jeannine Taylor) in Friday the 13th (1980). I haven't a clue where I obtained most of them, but I did get some from Fangoria and Famous Monster magazines. In some of them you will notice that there is blood on the backdrop curtain and some there isn't. I'm not sure why; if it was because of multiple takes (and the least bloody one made it to the final American cut) or if it was blood added after the initial impact in the first take, but not shown onscreen. 

At any rate, this death is easily the best of the series and the one that always stuck in my mind as a kid. It was very well executed by Savini and co.
Tom Savini
A bust of Jeannine Taylor with her headshot for reference 
Axe to the head
A B&W publicity shot from Fangoria, I think
A more rare publicity shot from Jeannine; notice the extra blood on the wall
Tom Savini
Jeannine Taylor and her bust
Another shot with blood on the wall; makes me believe this was multiple takes
A publicity shot from Fangoria #62
Unknown origin shot
Another creepy one; not sure where this was from
From Famous Monsters May 1980; same shot as one above
Another good shot; no blood on the wall
Creepy and in color

12 comments:

  1. THESE PITURES LOOK PRETTY REAL. KUDOS TO SAVINI THE MASTER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, people post some of them all over Tumblr thinking they are real.

      Delete
    2. thats funny as hell

      Delete
  2. Ah very cool, wonderful rare shots! I believe at least one is from a back issue of Fango that I gave away two years ago as I told ya.

    I LOVE those b&w ones. It show Savini's old school work and it looks real creepy almost like a real crime scene photo from years ago from an obscure crime. I heard he ha to use morticians wax to make her molds too, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I remember the issue, but there was one with John Vulich for another movie he did and it had a few BTS gore shots from Part IV. One was some of Jimbo that were only recently released.

      Delete
  3. What a great death scene. For being so early on in the franchise, I have to say that this looks the most realistic of all. Not that I've ever seen someone get hit in the face with an ax, but I'm guessing it would look somethin' like this. Jeannine Taylor is awesome. Marcie was one of my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved her character. Impossible not to feel bad for her. She was as pure as Alice, IMO.

      Delete
    2. Exept she banged Bacon lol

      Delete
  4. Good points there, Jack my good man---all of the Part 1 gals were pretty lovely. Alice was a great short-haired thing while both Marcie & Brenda had some nice, girl-next-door sex appeal. ;-)

    And yah great detah scee---the cling and the after shot, ect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol the blood look like tomato soup or something

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol the blood looks like tomato soup

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually personally know Jeannines husband Greg McConnel.

    ReplyDelete