Thursday, December 10, 2009

Friday The 13th Part II (2010) not happening?

According to Horribid.com it looks to be just that and really this may be a bitter-sweet moment. It seems like this sequel would have been rushed to meet the Friday, August 13, 2010 that everyone wanted. As a fan of this franchise I'd rather wait 3-4 years for an acceptable movie than 1 year for something mediocre.

It really seems that a lot of fans are getting upset over this, but like I said- it may be for the best. Who really wants a rushed movie anyways? I also personally think that Platinum Dunes wants to see how the A Nightmare On Elm Street remake does. I think if that bombs they may be in a hurry to produce this to try and make up the losses. However, I don't think the ANOES remake will bomb, and in fact I think it's going to do very well.

This may also be the end of the Derek Mears era as Jason.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see the sequel and I've been a Jason fan for many years.But seriously the movie doesn't have to be released on a Friday the 13th. Just release it sometime in the fall in 2010 they have plenty of time. To make up a script for it,shoot it in the late spring early summer.Then release it sometime in the fall having it on an actual friday the 13th. Doesn't matter to me because once it goes on dvd. I can watch it anytime I want.

    ReplyDelete